The BiblioSanctum has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address in 5 seconds. If that does not occur, please visit
http://www.bibliosanctum.com
and update your bookmarks. See you at our new home!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday 04/30/14

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that lets us feature upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our hands on!

Mogsy's Pick:

Poison Fruit by Jacqueline Carey: October 7, 2014 (Roc Hardcover)

I'm a big fan of Jacqueline Carey, having first fallen in love with her Kushiel books. Phedre's trilogy ranks up there in my top reads of all time. When I found out she was going to be writing a new urban fantasy series, I knew I had to check it out. 

Poison Fruit is the third installment of the Agent of Hel series (wow, we're up to book three already, how quickly time flies) and look what a pretty cover it has! Actually, we're just now finally getting some warmer days here, so I'm not sure what to make of that much snow - but hey, it's good to know when the weather turns cold again there will be awesome books incoming. Poison Fruit will be hitting shelves in October.

"The Pemkowet Visitors Bureau has always promoted paranormal tourism—even if it has downplayed the risks (hobgoblins are unpredictable). It helps that the town is presided over by Daisy Johanssen, who as Hel’s liaison is authorized by the Norse goddess of the dead to keep Pemkowet under control. Normally, that’s easier to do in the winter, when bracing temperatures keep folks indoors.

But a new predator is on the prowl, and this one thrives on nightmares. Daisy is on her trail and working intimately with her partner and sometime lover from the Pemkowet PD, sexy yet unavailable werewolf Cody Fairfax. But even as the creature is racking up innocent victims, a greater danger looms on Pewkowet’s horizon.

As a result of a recent ghost uprising, an unknown adversary—represented by a hell-spawn lawyer with fiery powers of persuasion—has instigated a lawsuit against the town. If Pemkowet loses, Hel’s sovereignty will be jeopardized, and the fate of the eldritch community will be at stake. The only one who can prevent it is Daisy—but she’s going to have to confront her own worst nightmare to do it."

20 comments :

  1. Oh yes I have book 1 and I'm really curious about it, but I still need to get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be curious to see what you think. It's got great characters and a fantastic premise; epic fantasy or urban fantasy, Jacqueline Carey is awesome at world building :)

      Delete
  2. I have never read any of her books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever decide to check out her books, I can't recommend Kushiel's Dart enough!

      Delete
  3. Oh nice! This is a new to me one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover. Love the blurb. Seems really interesting. Good pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Carey fan myself, so I definitely understand your desire to get your hands on this book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I remember her saying in an interview that this was a trilogy. Now I'll have to go check. I'm hoping that is the case. Not that I'm not enjoying the series but just that it would be just neat to have a adult UF series that is shorter. Maybe then she could pick a different character in a different city who doesn't even know this character - wouldn't that be lovely?

    I saw your HQ review can't read it though til I'm done with the book this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess we'll see! Maybe she originally planned for three books. I wouldn't mind if she decided to write more though.

      Delete
  7. I have her Kushiel books on my TBR, but still haven't gotten around to them. Would you recommend this series instead as a first read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kushiel Kushiel Kushiel!!! All the way.

      Haha, long answer though, I guess it depends if you are more an epic fantasy read or an urban fantasy reader. The two are very different! But I still can't recommend Kushiel's Dart enough.

      Delete
    2. Yep, more of an epic fantasy reader, so sounds like Kushiel is definitely the way to go :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of this series and much as I hate to admit it haven't read her Kushiel series (though I have several of the books). I think I should check out this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Any of her books, really, she's a great writer :)

      Delete
  9. You are killing me, Mogsy! You keep introducing me to books I really need to read. Especially when you say things like "one of my top reads of all time." I tend to pay attention when bloggers say things like that:) Must check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm sorry! But I read so many books a year, those that do make it onto my "favorite" list tend to be the ones that stand out in my mind :)

      Delete
  10. Interesting sounding book!! :) Will add to my TBR.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meant to comment before but my VPN was playing up!

    Anyways, I'm a complete Jacqueline Carey fangirl so I can't wait for this book. It's last one - I think she's said a couple of times she only ever wanted to do a trilogy - so stakes should be high. Can't wait to see how everything works out (and what her next project will be, as I guess she'll be changing universes again, yay).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for the info! Yeah, if she wants to change a universe or go back to one of her existing universes it doesn't matter to me because I'll follow wherever she takes me. I'm glad that once she decides to end a series she sticks to it rather than drag it out unnecessarily.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...